Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time of My Life!!!!

Well, I guess after nine month of marriage, I should post something about that! It's been a busy year so far but I suppose I should start at the beginning. Eric and I got married on January 8, 2011 in the Portland Oregon Temple, and it was a day to remember! It rained most of the day (in true Washington/Oregon fashion) but it held off just long enough for us to take a few pictures. We appreciate everything that was able to be there!
The reception was amazing, graciously hosted at my aunt and uncle's house, and it was so great to see so many people that have been a part of our lives.

The Bradys and the Rigbys!
After a couple of hours at the reception, Eric and I set off on our honeymoon! We stopped in Portland for the night at a hotel that I don't even remember the name of now (I guess that's what happens when I wait until now to blog) and it was AMAZING! Our dinner, after eating absolutely zero at the reception, consisted of sparkling cider and wild boar gnocchi! Interesting but delicious and a great way to kick off our post wedding vacation. The next day we flew to Florida (talk about taking AAAALLLLLL day to cross the country!) and spent the night in Ft. Lauderdale where we had a Taco Bell feast, and I don't think Taco Bell has ever tasted so good either before or since then!! Next day......all aboard and bon voyage!!!! We set sail on the Carnival Dream (I think lol) to check out the adventure of the caribbean.
Where we hung out onboard until we actually set sail.
A pic taken from the deck as we're coming into Half Moon Cay
We had some great adventures! It was a lot of fun and another bonus is that our table mates weren't crazy awkward psychos or anything. I was really hoping that in the dining room we would be at a big table with like 4 or 5 couples, but the first time Eric and I went to the dining room to scout out our spot, what did we find? A real cozy booth built for 4 nestled into a corner. No chance for escape if the other couple were real nuts! We kept our fingers crossed that no one would show up....but eventually the other couple came along and while we didn't end up bosom buddies, they were normal enough. Wonder what they thought of us? LOL.
All in all, a pretty awesome trip and a great way to celebrate the beginning of our life as Mr. and Mrs. Brady!! We returned to start our family life along with Halee and Kennedy......and it's been great!

1 comment: